Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things that are new...

  1. I bought a violin.  I've always wanted to learn to play.  It's on my list of things to do before I die.  I don't plan to become amazing, I do plan on learning to play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and a Christmas song or two.
  2. I'm becoming a mentor for the Discovering Options program here in St. Louis.  It's a program very similar to Big Brothers, Big Sisters, only focuses primarily on inner city kids that have gone through a prep program introducing them to manners, social skills, substance abuse prevention education and conflict resolution.  I get my "protege" on November 18th.  
  3. I'm overwhelmed lately.  Overwhelmed with the feeling of that there are so many things in my personal life that I'm dropping.  I need to get back to making better lists.  I need to get back to my Franklin Covey time management ways.  I love me some Franklin Covey.
  4. Two new jobs have opened up in the area that I'm interested in.  This could be leading to my overwhelmed feelings.
  5. I'm studying for a Certification for Professional Learning and Performance test.  It's December 11th.  It's a more training specific certification, as opposed to the PHR which encompasses much more employment law, unions, benefits, payroll, etc...  That's not what I am.  There are only about 800 people with this certification in the country right now. 
  6. I don't really care for Halloween.  I do like to curl up on a couch, watch the original Halloween while eating popcorn and drinking wine, which is what Adam Science and I will be doing Saturday night. 
  7. Speaking of Adam Science, I'm pretty crazy about this guy.

3 comments:

  1. We really might be separated at birth. Guess who owns a violin (well, fiddle, actually) and can play Twinkle, Twinkle... a couple of Christmas songs... and not much else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes too much to do is fun. Other times I want to pull my hair out. The violin sounds interesting! I had a 'boyfriend' in 7th grade who played, it was sweet.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?