Monday, October 11, 2010

I love a hotel

Before you say anything, let me start with:
Yes, I've seen the Dateline specials on all the germs in a hotel.
Yes, I've worked a hotel housekeeping department and know what can and does happen in a room.

I choose ignorance.  If I worried about all the germs in the world, I'd never leave the house.  And, because I worked in that housekeeping department, I also know that the good hotels are checking for cleanliness and consistency all the time.  If they suspect a housekeeper of not changing sheets or something, they set traps, they catch it.  They fire that housekeeper. 

That brings me to tonight.  I'm in Vivey, Indiana tonight at one of our sister property casinos.  I'll be teaching classes here for the next two days. 

Tomorrow night and Wednesday night will be full of dinners with co-workers.  These are mandatory.  Tonight is all mine.  I'm going to catch up on some blogging.  I'm going to take a hot shower while watching the tv that's in the bathroom.  I'm going to order soup and salad and a glass of wine from room service for dinner.  I'm going to sit in bed and knit without worrying about cats (mine) and dogs (Adam Science's) eating my yarn.  I'm going to wake up tomorrow and go to the fitness center and then work all without leaving this building. 

I love a hotel.  Have a good night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also a hotel fan!! Truth be told, they are cleaner than my house. And typically much more relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?