Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I find myself...





I find myself home at a reasonable hour from work.

I find myself with lots of good mail to read since I hadn't picked up my mail stash from Colin's house in about 10 days.

I find myself sitting on my couch, which is rare these days.  I typically come home and head straight to bed.

I find myself without the latest DVD of Dexter Season 3 from Netflix tonight.  Bummer.

I find myself with a cat on my lap as I searched online for a more comfortable pair of work shoes.  

I find myself needing new work shoes because I am older and wiser and refuse to sacrifice comfort for fashion any longer.  Running around a casino with a 90,000 sq ft gaming floor, 5 restaurants and an extensive back of house hallway network is a fair workout.  

I find myself resisting the need to move my legs, lest I disrupt this cat on my lap.  She's warm and purrs and occasionally licks my hand.  I'm okay with all of these things.

I find myself with a bit of extra cash each month starting next month as my car is nearly paid for.  This will most assuredly start a vacation fund.  

I find myself in need of a vacation spot.  I thought for sure I wanted to travel through some cities in Canada, and then Greece or destination spa started sounding pretty good. 


I find myself discovering this image as I was going through some old photos on my computer.  I don't remember where I got it from.  I like it.




I find myself saying good night.

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture of you and Quinn ~ you look so content and Quinn looks as comfortable as can be. Ahhh...there's nothing quite like being cuddled up with a warm kitty cat that likes to purr. So sorry that you weren't able to cuddle & watch Dexter but that means you have something to look forward to :-)

    Congrats on the upcoming vacation fund!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god. i thnk everyone is dreaming of a vacation right now. i also learned to sacrifice shoes at work. im in the hospital alot and my feet kill, so i gave in andbought the ugliest thingsive seen but comfy as hell

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?