Mmmmm....Christmas movies. I love them. For your viewing pleasure, check these out:
White Christmas. My official present wrapping movie. Every year I pull out all the presents I've bought and have one giant wrapping session. Always with a mug of hot chocolate and always with this movie on. I have my Aunt Pat to thank for introducing me to the film when I was a kid. The dancing makes me happy, the SNOW harmony song makes me happy, and the closing scene still gives me goosebumps.
A new favorite. This movie came out a few years ago and I think it's kind of delightful. Love Jude Law, love that some of the characters are in the movie biz, think it's sweet and fun.
I think this movie has something for everyone. Christmas and magic and kids and romance and a trial and parades and animals. The classic Miracle on 34th Street is good. I prefer this one. When they made the new one they did it in a very classic style, they really wanted this movie to become a new classic. You'll notice all the characters in very tailored, timeless clothing. It's a new classic in my mind.
This movie follows the Smith family through a year of their life leading up to the 1904 World's Fair. The Christmas scene is the most amazing though. It's where Judy Garland premiere the song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, which happens to be my favorite Christmas song.










Holiday Inn and Christmas Vacation are by far my top two.
ReplyDeleteI will have to say that I tear up every time I see George Bailey running through the streets shouting "Merry Christmas!"
Good choices though, I like the new blog look. I feel like mine is ancient now.
I should rent Holiday Inn. I've never seen it and know I would love it.
ReplyDelete