Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gratitude.

The I'm thankful for post...it just has to be done. 

* I'm grateful for my apartment.  I love it.  I love that I feel at home.  I was so close to missing out on this one and things all fell into place.  I spent much of this year in places that didn't feel like I belonged in them - my house with Colin or the apartment in Chicago - they just didn't fit no matter how hard I tried.  I love my apartment, the space, the fact that it's all mine and that my bedroom is the perfect color blue.

* I'm grateful I got my furry baby Quinn back.  It was a very nice thing for Colin to do and it's so nice to know that I'm talking to something besides the walls.

* I'm grateful for the tv show Greek.  It's my newest obsession and the campus kids keep me company.  Which I suppose makes me grateful for Hulu and Netflix on demand also.

* I'm grateful to be employed.  Being unemployed is one thing when you choose to not work.  When you wish you were working, unemployment is just terrible.  I'm thrilled to be back at work in an area I enjoy (training) that is presenting new challenges (opening a new casino).

* I'm grateful for the YMCA.  As I mentioned before, it makes a really nice "third place".  And I'm grateful that there really is an "app" for everything, as I have a 5K training app on my phone that is helping me become a better runner. 

* I'm so grateful for the friends who listened to me be an absolute crazy person this year.  I'm grateful that phase is coming to an end and I hope they'll let me be there for them in 2010.

* I'm grateful for the leader of my fat camp (weight watchers) meetings who provided me with a mantra to use whenever I feel like eating a pint of ice cream for dinner.  "That's ridiculous.  Do you see how that's ridiculous?"  That's all it took to help put some of my eating habits in perspective.

* I'm grateful for it being so close to 2010.  Can't wait for some New Year's Resolutions.

* I'm grateful for this blog.  It started almost as a favor to Cyndi, a way she could keep track of what I was up to, and it became something I look forward to doing.  I have enjoyed reading so many others' details of their lives and have liked knowing that a few people out there are reading about mine.  I had a tarot card reading back in August (just for fun) and she had told me she really liked writing for me...I like it for me also.  In fact, I just bought two new books that I hope cultivate my writing style...The 3a.m. Ephiphany and Will Write for Food.  Like to write, LOVE food, perhaps that is something I should be looking into.

* Grateful that in 11 1/2 hours I'll be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade which I just love.

Have a beautiful Thanksgiving.  Be grateful. 
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! I know Thanksgiving was hard for you and I so wish I could have been there to help ease you through the day. I love that you decided to start this blog and am thankful each time you post something :-)

    As for you becoming a better runner, I'm so proud! I've had to stop running and start walking at a "brisk pace" because my shins just can't seem to stand the constant pounding. Looks like I'll need to live vicariously through you.

    BTW - I don't think you were crazy this year. So there.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?