Can't wait to show you what's become of the blueberries, raspberries and peaches!
Saturday, July 11, 2009
To market, to market!
Today I went down to the biggest farmer's market in Chicago, the Green City Market. There are a few smaller ones closer to me, but after Food, Inc I was excited to see the big market in action. I wanted to walk away with EVERYTHING! Cherries and asparagus and cheeses and breads and fresh eggs and raspberries and blueberries everywhere you look. I could not walk away with it all, but here is what I walked away with:

I was inspired by the peaches and berries to try making a cobbler that incorporates all three of those in it. If it's successful, it may even be my submission to this months Flavor of the Month recipe showcase. Cobbler is similar to pie... right? I also picked up some whole wheat sourdough, local cheese and beautiful snapdragon bouquet. Fresh flowers at the market are so affordable and fun.
Can't wait to show you what's become of the blueberries, raspberries and peaches!
Can't wait to show you what's become of the blueberries, raspberries and peaches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I love, love, LOVE farmer's markets! I was so disappointed that the one in our town is so puny - I was used to a great big one taking up several city blocks. Sounds like the one in Chi-town was a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteYUM!! Your Farmer's Market sounds so much better than ours. We went again today and this time came home with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, freshly baked cinnamon swirl bread, corn, and squash. I wasn't thrilled with the peaches we got last week so didn't pick up any more today. The blackberries aren't my fave but they looked so darn good I couldn't resist. I see a cobbler in my future as well :-)
ReplyDeleteWow! Your farmer's Market is amazing ...Thanks for wonderful posting..Looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteWelcome~~
http://foodcreate.com
and if you can visit me I can visit you:)
Have a wonderful Day ~~~