Wednesday, July 1, 2009

90 days

There are 90 days until I turn 30. 90 days. 3 months. I've been in Chicago for a few months and spent most of them being sad and confused and wallowing. I haven't been enjoying the city as much as I could be and I have three months left on this lease to change that. I don't know what happens in 3 months. I don't know if Colin and I are heading towards reconciliation or a permanent split. I don't know if I'll stay in Chicago or move to Orlando or Seattle or back to St. Louis. I need something more to show for my next few months. I need experiences and not just months of licking my wounds. So, I have 90 days. I'm going to see more Chicago neighborhoods like Hyde Park and Little Italy and Bucktown. I'm going to frequent farmer's markets and go on more walks. I'm going to find some kind of temporary employment or volunteer activity.

I'm also going to revisit my vegan ways for the next 90 days. I did a good two months of Vegan eating last year and enjoyed it pretty much. I know that I felt better and I lost weight. Since wallowing and licking one's wounds go hand in hand with gaining weight, I need to get that back in check. I do not want to be this weight or this pants size when I hit my 30th birthday. No thanks. So, I'm getting out my copy of Skinny Bitch and rereading it to motivate myself back into that way of living. Here we go...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you'll be spending time exploring your gorgeous city. I just have one favor to ask...will you post some of what you see/taste/experience so I can enjoy the city vicariously through you? Pretty please??

    Going vegan again, huh? Good for you!! I surely couldn't do it but respect you tremendously for being dedicated enough to see it through. I know you got a lot out of it the last time and hope you get out it what you wish this time. I'll support you however I can!! (Does this mean you'll have a vegan cake for your b-day?)

    Miss you!

    p.s. Seattle???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! Way to set goals and find ways to reach them. Enjoy the journey :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?