Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Season finale favorites - Spoilers ahead

My most favorite show on tv right now is How I Met Your Mother. I've been eagerly awaiting the finale - having read a teaser that said we would meet the mother by the end of the season. The week prior Stella came back and I thought it might still have been her, only for that to not be the case. In the finale, we did find out that Ted becomes a professor and Robin and Barney kiss, but we don't really know what happens with that. It's about time they came up with "The Mosby" which is when someone tells their date they love them too soon. I thought that was pretty funny. The jumping from one roof to another was okay - it's funny that now they're on a stranger's roof and have to get back across. The last line of the show was Ted talking about how crappy his year was, and then said, and it was my best year yet. I'm not buying it. As someone in the middle of one of her worst years ever, I'm not sure I'm able to say I'll be able to look back and ever say this was one of my best years ever.



Grey's Anatomy was a highly anticipated event for me also. I was a late comer to this show, catching up on DVD last summer on all the seasons and now hooked. Early season 5 was painful with all the Denny/Izzie stuff. PAINFUL. It was lousy, which is why it's remarkable that it's come back so well. The rumors about Izzie and George leaving the show had me fairly certain that Izzie for sure was leaving, then a few weeks ago, Katherine Heigl said she would stay if they would have her. Maybe the rumors were a year of publicity stunts. I have a friend who is so mad at Katherine Heigl that she was really looking forward to Izzie "biting it" (her words, not mine). The problem is that while I do believe Katherine Heigl does indeed bite the hands that feed her, I like the character of Izzie and don't really want her to die off. Poor TR Knight is just silly because I don't know that he'll ever work again, except maybe in some HR training videos which I know for a fact he did prior to Grey's. I digress...I thought this season finale was great. I thought it was great that the bus victim ended up being George, I thought it was well done at the end with George and Izzie meeting, and I like the ambiguity they created. I think it's clear that George is clearly dead as he is already off the elevator, but Izzie is still on, and she could come back from this. I thought the lime jello joke was funny and Alex's notes made me laugh. Can't wait to see what happens in a few months.

Lastly on my season finale radar was Survivor. I know that we're 18 seasons in and all, but I'm still a fan. I love me some Jeff Probst and love to watch them suffer while I ususally order pizza and eat ice cream. Yum. For only the 2nd time in Survivor history, the vote by the tribe was unanimous for the winner. I am also very happy with the winner. JT was a great player, great guy, played the game well at the end and I feel is very deserving of the prize. I think it's a little unfair that he also won the fan prize, I think we could try and share the wealth a little, but oh well. I'm so glad that other people hated "Coach" the "dragon slayer". That clown was the most obnoxious creature I've ever seen on the show, which is really saying something. I felt bad for Serena, I never saw why everyone hated her so much, same with Sugar from last season. I didn't see it.

1 comment:

  1. I'd just about written Grey's off but the last few episodes totally turned me around. I'm not sure how they did it but it was good again! I've laughed and cried and while some things are still a bit far fetched for me I'm once again hooked.

    Great call on the fact that George was already off the elevator (while Izzie was still on it). Should be interesting to see how next season plays out.

    p.s. Check the post, you have a not-so-nice message showing for your third photo.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?