I've got 20 great reasons to become best friends with a chocolatier right here. I've had the privilege of meeting and befriending a chocolatier, named (and this is just too good to be true) Brian Pelletier. It's just kismet that those rhyme. I must admit that I had 21 good reasons to be best friends with a chocolatier and that was the homemade marshmallow covered in toasted pecans and chocolate, but that was gone before I thought to get the camera out.
Meeting a chocolatier is for other people like meeting the pope (that's for Dominika) or John Stamos (that's for Cyndi). I am someone who values a craft and presentation and well, I'm also a food snob and Brian makes very upscale chocolates.
The truffles pictured here include a subtle mint truffle with a candied lemon peel, one with 3 different chili powders topped with a cocoa nib, and some lavender truffles with lavender buds on them. The separate package includes an egg nog truffle covered in a white chocolate. I cannot wait to attack this box of deliciousness.
If you're interested in reading more about my new friend, or his company, kakao chocolate, click here -

While a chocolatier may not be quite the same for me as John Stamos, it still ranks up there pretty high. As you know, I perused his website upon learning of your new friendship and drooled the entire time. Please, please stay friends with him so we can meet him and his wife on our visit in February. I promise I won't do anything to embarrass you. Well, at least I'll try not to anyway. I can't make any promises for Lee though :-)
ReplyDelete